Wednesday, December 2, 2009

GROUP RESPONSE PAPER


GROUP RESPONSE PAPER

Project Planet of the Apes is the one the most fun academic projects I have participated in yet. For the most part, everyone contributed equally to the assignment. Each person in the group had a clear goal and contributed individual questions that were appropriate and sophisticated. In order to give our group an incentive to work hard and be enthusiastic about our project, I hosted a pizza party at my house and we all spent at least seven hours incorporating important elements that included video clips, specific questions, book passages, additional information from our class texts, and valuable knowledge in some of the Planet of the Apes sequels such as Conquest Planet of the Apes. Next, another contribution of mine was to take a closer look at analyzing the sequel so I could make some connections to a couple of our readings in class. In total, my group met three times. Each time that we met, I felt confident about how our presentation would be. In fact, at each meeting I made sure that I came in with prepared questions and tried to offer additional points of view about the book and film that I felt had not been made yet. The reason for my participation in Planet of the Apes group is because I like Science Fiction adventures. In addition, I felt Planet of the Apes would be the most fun book to read, in comparison to the other options. All in all, I enjoy group projects and am proud of my groups success in our presentation and analytical critique.

No comments:

Post a Comment